Hi! I’m Nicole. I’m an artist, web developer, and photographer.
My mission is to help you uncover your creativity and nurture your creative spirit using digital tools.
I’ve been blogging in some form or another since the mid 1990s, and I’ve found that I communicate best through writing.
When I’m not creating content for this site, I work for a company that helps bloggers make money with their content.
Some things I’m really proud of:
- I finished an MBA while working full time. Looking back, I’m not sure how I did it!
- I transitioned to a career in web development at the age of 35. After I finished a front-end development microdegree at Treehouse, they invited me to come back and help their students learn to code.
- My writing has been featured in places like The Startup, and in 2019 I was one of Dev’s top 500 authors.
When I’m not working at my day job, you can find me:
- Learning way too many obscure facts from nerdy history documentaries on YouTube. My favorite TV historians are Lucy Worsley, Dan Jones, Helen Castor, Suzannah Lipscomb, and a few more I know I’m forgetting.
- Endlessly tweaking the code and trying new plugins on my websites.
- Seeking out the tastiest Sonoran food my southern Arizona home has to offer. Sonoran hotdogs, mesquite-smoked carne asada tacos, raspados, oh my!
- Hoofing it around nature preserves with Nikon camera in hand.
- Climbing mountains in my Jeep Wrangler.
- Drawing on my iPad, painting rocks, and doing anything to scratch my never ending creative itch.
- LEARNING: I will never know everything. I will consistently learn new things and grow from my new knowledge.
- HUMOR: My approach to life will be laid back. I will always seek the humor in every situation.
- MINDFULNESS: I commit to recognizing where people are on their unique journeys and I will never forget where I started.
- CREATIVITY: I will always share my unique perspective, create new things, and strive to walk my own path.
- BRAVERY: I will consistently strive to push myself further and approach all things head on and head up.
The world needs your unique talents and perspective, and no one should let a lack of technical know-how hold them back from putting their best stuff out there.