Let me guess…
Right now, you’ve got about a bajillion tabs open in your browser trying to figure out why you can’t do that one thing in WordPress that seems like it should be soooo simple.
Maybe you’re just getting started in the online business world and you’re completely overwhelmed.
Where do you start? What do you do first? What the hell is Mailchimp and what does a postal monkey have to do with your website?
Don’t worry. I got you.
Hi! I’m Nicole. I’m a web developer and my mission is to help solo online business owners take control of their website tech and business systems.
My goal is to create step-by-step, jargon-free resources so you can spend less time combing the internet for answers to your website tech questions and stop running on the online business hamster wheel of doom.
I’ve been blogging in some form or another since the mid 1990s, and my superpower is breaking down technical concepts and tools into actionable pieces of content.
Some things I’m really proud of:
- I finished an MBA while working full time. Looking back, I’m not sure how I did it!
- I transitioned to a career in web development at the age of 35. After I finished a front-end development microdegree at Treehouse, they invited me to come back and help their students learn to code.
- My writing has been featured in places like The Startup, and in 2019 I was one of Dev’s top 500 authors.
When I’m not creating content for this site, I work for a company that helps bloggers make money with their content.
When I’m not working at my day job, you can find me:
- Learning way too many obscure facts from nerdy history documentaries on YouTube. My favorite TV historians are Lucy Worsley, Dan Jones, Helen Castor, Suzannah Lipscomb, and a few more I know I’m forgetting.
- Endlessly tweaking the code and trying new plugins on my websites.
- Seeking out the tastiest Sonoran food my southern Arizona home has to offer. Sonoran hotdogs, mesquite-smoked carne asada tacos, raspados, oh my!
- Hoofing it around nature preserves with Nikon camera in hand.
- Climbing mountains in my Jeep Wrangler.
- Drawing on my iPad, painting rocks, and doing anything to scratch my never ending creative itch.
- LEARNING: I will never know everything. I will consistently learn new things and grow from my new knowledge.
- HUMOR: My approach to life will be laid back. I will always seek the humor in every situation.
- MINDFULNESS: I commit to recognizing where people are on their unique journeys and I will never forget where I started.
- CREATIVITY: I will always share my unique perspective, create new things, and strive to walk my own path.
- BRAVERY: I will consistently strive to push myself further and approach all things head on and head up.
I believe that there’s room for everyone in this online space. The world needs your unique talents and perspective, and no one should let a lack of technical know-how hold them back from putting their best stuff out there.